Terms & Conditions
1. These terms and conditions apply to domestic and commercial clients.
2. By booking our services, you agree to these terms and conditions.
3. These terms and conditions of trading apply to Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited and any other name we
choose to trade under.
4. If you wish to cancel or postpone your service, this must be done at least 3 days before the next
scheduled clean. If, as a commercial client, your contract runs with us to a specific date and not on an ongoing basis, you will be charged the full remaining contract value.
5. Quotes are given based on works required. Any requests to change the required works (extra or less) will be subject to a price amendment.
6. Unless otherwise stated, all windows will be cleaned including all frames and seals. Although, if we deem certain windows inaccessible or unsafe to clean or damaged, we will not clean them.
7. We operate in all weather conditions excluding very heavy rain, wind speeds over 30mph and electrical storms.
8. For cover under our customer satisfaction guarantee you must register your complaint within 48
hours of the service being completed. Complaints after this 48-hour period will be dealt with at our
9. We accept no liability for damage caused by decorative or structural defects, or conditions at your
property/premises, such as, but not limited to, ill-fitting windows, doors, fascia’s, guttering, window/
conservatory trims, unsecured windows and doors, leaking seals, decorative bars stuck on glass, rotting frames, flaking paint, open/broken trickle vents, etc.
10. Should we be unable to access any part of your property/premises due to locked gates etc., we
will only clean the accessible areas, such as front or side/s.
To avoid this, please ensure safe access is available. We will only find a safe method of climbing over
locked gates and walls if you have given us prior consent to do so. If you would like us to hold a key/
access code or give us permission to climb over your gate/wall, please contact us.
11. Due to insurance liabilities, we will be unable to move obstacles such as, but not exclusive to: heavy flowerpots and garden furniture (residential) filling cabinets and items on internal window sills (commercial).
If these or any other item we deem to restrict access to an area of your property/premises, we
will be unable to clean it.
12. Full payment must be received within 30 days of the invoice date (unless otherwise stated). If you
fail to do this, your account and services may incure late payment fees or be suspended until such time as the arrears have been settled.
13. Achieving optimum cleaning results may require a few cleans. For example, detergent residues
from previous traditional window cleaning methods may initially cause slight spotting. Leaching can
also occur from trickle vents, beading and heavily soiled frames, however in most cases, this will cease after a couple of cleans, once the dirt is removed fully from the frame areas. This is normal, and your patience is appreciated.
14. We are happy to supply a schedule of works to our residential customers. However, this is a guide
indicating the week commencement date when we plan to visit, and we cannot be held to a specific
date or time. With such factors as public holidays, bad weather, staffing levels, etc., it is not always possible to supply an exact date.
15. We accept no liability for decorative bars coming loose or falling from the exterior of the glass. If
these bars are correctly installed, our brushes will not damage them in any way. Should they become
loose or fall, this is due to the adhesive not bonding correctly with the glass and coming into contact
with dust, rain and contaminates.
16. If we have arrived at your property for a scheduled clean, we cannot accept a postponement on the doorstep, unless construction work is being carried out to the property/premises. A 100% charge will be payable (at the discretion of Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited) for failing to give 3 days’ notice of postponement
as stated in term of service number 4 in these terms and conditions.
17. Any promotions and offers from Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited are subject to different terms and conditions.
18. We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions without notice.
1. Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited provides a full range of domestic and small office cleaning services. The term “cleaning” does not include the removal of oil, paint, varnishes or other such substances or the cleaning of carpets (other than vacuuming).
2. Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited has a 2.0-hour minimum service period and will provide the Client with an estimate before work commences. Any quotes provided by the Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited, including any description of jobs to be performed, are estimates only and do not represent a guarantee of work to be performed during the contracted hours. The ability of Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited to complete the quoted tasks for each service may vary depending on the state of the property, the additional cleaning required or any other factor outside of Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited control.
3. Unless specifically directed otherwise, Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited will only perform the services during the agreed contracted hours. If the amount of time needed to provide the services differs significantly from the initial estimate, then an adjustment to the price will be necessary. From time to time, the Client may request that Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited perform additional work in excess of the agreed hours and in such circumstances, Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited will invoice the Client for any additional hours worked. If the conditions in the Client's home change (i.e., a new pet or additional household members), it may be necessary to revise the service charge.
4. In addition to the general cleaning services, Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited can provide the Client with add-on services such ironing, interior window cleaning, cleaning the inside of the oven etc. Such services must be requested in advance and additional fees will be incurred when such services are requested.
5. At the specific request of the Client, Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited can arrange for a carpet cleaning service to be provided, although will be charged accordingly.
6. Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited shall not be liable for failure to carry out work if prevented from doing so as a result of any circumstances beyond Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited’s control. The Client will not be charged for any work not actually undertaken by Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited in such circumstances.
7. All work performed by Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited under this Agreement will be invoiced to the Client based on the number of hours worked and not on any other basis. Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited will agree with the Client the number of hours that will be worked and will invoice the Client in accordance with that agreement.
8. Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited’s charges will be invoiced calendar monthly and invoices are required to be paid on the 15th day of the calendar month following service or on the day of cleaning of a one-off clean. In the event of any payment not being received, Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited reserves the right to add compound interest at 3% per week to the overdue sum.
9. Payment methods for the charges of Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited can be made by direct debit or bank transfer direct to Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited.
10. Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited reserves the right to re-evaluate its charges at any time to allow for business related costs referred to above and shall give the Client 14 days’ advance notice of any changes.
Access to Property
11. In order to enable Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited to undertake the services, the Client agrees to give to Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited a key and/or details of any relevant access codes. If the Client has an alarm and if a code is not provided to Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited, it is expected that the alarm will be turned off on the days that the services are to be provided.
12. Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited agrees to keep any details of keys and access codes strictly confidential and take all reasonable steps to ensure the security of any physical keys and access codes. Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited accepts no liability of any nature for any losses that may arise from the Client's provision of any key and/or access details and the Client hereby indemnifies Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited in respect of any losses that may be sustained as a result, howsoever caused.
13. If Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited is prevented from gaining access to the Client’s property to carry out work as arranged, the time lost to Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited shall be considered to be 1 hour per employee involved and the Contractor reserves the right to invoice the Client accordingly.
Breakage/Damage and Rectification
14. If the Client has a concern regarding the quality of the service provided, he or she is obliged to immediately raise that concern and in any event no later than 24 hours of the service being provided. If the concern is justified, Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited will arrange for the re-cleaning or rectification of the area under dispute for no additional charge. The Client will remain liable to pay for hours worked by Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited providing the initial services (other than those hours spent rectifying the concern) and no refund will be offered by Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited.
15. Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited is insured; however, it shall not be liable for any loss, damage, or injury arising from the breaking or disintegration during cleaning by Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited servants or agents of any cracked, defective or broken parts of the property of the Client nor will the Contractor be liable for any loss, damage or injury arising from the general wear and tear resulting from the cleaning by Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited servants or agents. Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited expects the Client to secure and/or move any items of either extreme monetary or sentimental value and assumes that all surfaces are sealed and ready to be cleaned without causing harm.
16. Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited reserves the right to take all reasonable steps to make good any damage for which it may be liable under this Agreement in lieu of making payment in respect thereof. Subject to Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited taking all reasonable steps to make good any damage for which it is liable under this Agreement, it shall not be liable to the Client for any further compensation.
17. Where Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited is liable to compensate for damaged items, such compensation will be limited to the actual value of the item at the time of breakage and not the cost of a replacement item, the whole in accordance with the principles applied by its insurer. For the avoidance of any doubt, the obligation of rectification and/or replacement is limited only to the actual item or area damaged and not to replacement or rectification of an entire set or workspace.
18. In the event that Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited provides ironing services to a Client, the Client is expected to provide Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited with an ironing board and iron in good working order. Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited shall not be liable for any damage caused to items of clothing caused by a defective ironing board or iron nor will Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited undertake or be responsible for any haberdashery services in respect of any items submitted for ironing.
Cancellation and Changes
19. It is a condition of this Agreement that the Client provides a minimum of 48 hours notice to make a cancellation of work as arranged. In the event that less than 48 hours’ notice is given, the time lost to Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited shall be considered to be one hour per employee involved Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited reserves the right to invoice the Client accordingly.
20. No claim against Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited in respect of alleged negligence of Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited, its servants or agents, or any alleged defect in Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited plant, machinery or materials or in respect of any other matter shall be valid unless notice in writing thereof is received by Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited at its Registered Office within 7 days after the happening of the event giving rise to the claim. Unless notified otherwise, any claim will be referred directly to Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited insurer for assessment.
21. Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited undertakes to be fully insured in respect of Employer’s Liability.
22. The liability of Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited in respect of any one claim or series of claims successfully brought against Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited in a Court of Law and arising from any one incident involving negligence of itself, its servants or agents, or through any defect in its plant or machinery shall be limited to the sum of £2,000,000.
Confidentiality and Data Processing
23. Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited recognises that this Agreement creates a confidential relationship between Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited and the Client and that information relating to the Client's affairs may become known to the Contractor and/or its staff members during the term of this Agreement. Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited agrees to, and to ensure its staff members agree to, keep confidential any personal data regarding the affairs of the Client and not to disclose such information to any other person except as described in the Privacy Notice set out below or as otherwise required by law.
24. The Client recognises that Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited may be required to collect and process personal data relevant to the Client and hereby agrees to the collection and processing of any personal data for the purposes of administering Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited obligations under this Agreement and as described in the Privacy Notice set out below. For the purposes of clauses 28 and 29, the terms "process" and "personal data" have the meanings given to them by the Data Protection Act 1998.
25. Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited reserves the right to amend these terms for any reason and will provide the Client with no less than 14 days’ advance notice of any changes to these terms.
26. The engagement of the Contractor under this Agreement shall continue unless and until determined by not less than 14 days’ notice in writing given by either party to the other. A termination by the Contractor of its engagement under this Agreement shall be without prejudice to its rights against the Client for failure to pay Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited charges.
Governing Law and Disputes
27. This contract and the arrangements referred to therein are subject to the laws of Guernsey and any disputes arising out of this contract or the arrangements referred to therein shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts and tribunals of Guernsey.
Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited is committed to protecting the privacy of all the individuals we deal with and will treat your information confidentially in accordance with this Privacy Notice. Please read this Privacy Notice carefully.
Who we are:
Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited is locally owned and operated by us in East Sussex. We are responsible for protecting the personal information you provide to us when you use our services. If you have any questions about how we use your personal information, or wish to access, update or request that we delete your personal information, please contact us using the details provided below.
What personal information we collect and why:
The personal information we collect from you includes your name and contact details. It will also include information about the transactions you undertake with us. We collect this information when you contact us, and when we provide you with our services. The personal information we collect is used to administer our records and to provide you with our services.
Please note that we enter the personal information you give to us onto a database maintained in our local office (the Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited database). This enables us to keep an electronic record of your details, to have ready access to your information, to efficiently provide you with our services and to comply with any statutory, regulatory or reporting obligations to which we are subject. The personal information we enter into Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited database is also used for direct marketing purposes (this is explained below), and to enable Grime 2 Shine (South East) Limited to generate anonymous statistics about the use of our services and to comply with any statutory, regulatory or reporting obligations to which it is subject.
You have the right to access, correct and update the personal information we hold about you. You can exercise any of these rights by contacting us using the details provided at the outset of the Privacy Notice.